All job opportunities available to people outside of our organization are listed here. Please check back frequently as the list changes. Each job posting has a closing date, after which applications are reviewed. We only contact short-listed applicants.
Please note: We will only consider your application for the specific job or jobs you have applied for. We do not save applications to automatically review when future jobs become available. You must re-apply each time.
Probation periods are typically 6-12 months, depending on the type of job and hours of work. Our comprehensive benefits package includes extended health and dental, disability, life insurance, pension, employee assistance, personal improvement and professional development. For full-time employees, the County covers 100 per cent of the premium costs of life insurance, disability and the Employee Assistance Program, 50 per cent of the pension premium and substantial personal improvement and professional development support.
- Customer Service Representatives - Bold Center (Casual)
- Equipment Technician
- Program Leaders (Casual)
- Recreation Assistant (1-Year Term)
- Mower Operators
- Integrated Vegetation Management Mower Operator (IVMO)
- Truck Drivers/Equipment Operators
Summer Job Opportunities
Returning students will be hired for a maximum of four (4) work terms, regardless of position or department.
Your resume needs to have the following information:
- Your current contact information including your name, address, email address, mobile and home telephone numbers
- The name of the school you attend and the name of any schools that you have attended in the past
- Program name, year you will be entering in the fall of 2017 , and length of the program (for example, Bachelor of Science - year three of a four year program)
- The class of your valid driver’s licence
- A description of paid work experiences and/or volunteer experiences
- A description of your computer skills
- A description of your hands-on experience with different types of tools and equipment, including hand held, power tools and gas-operated tools
- A list of any up-to-date certificates you have (for example, first aid and/or CPR)
- Candidates must currently be enrolled and returning to full time studies on a full time basis in the fall of 2017. Documentation that provides proof of current enrolment as well as identifying your status in the program, and documentation confirming that you are returning to full-time studies in the fall of 2017 must be submitted with your application. Failure to provide documentation may disqualify you from future consideration
- The deadline for all Summer/seasonal applications is March 26th, 2017. Applications received after March 26th, 2017 will be considered after the preliminary round of hiring has taken place and only if a second round of interviews is required.
Paid On-Call Firefighter Opportunities
Lac La Biche County is always searching for paid on-call volunteer firefighters for our five fire districts (Hylo, Lac La Biche, Owl River, Plamondon and Rich Lake). All training is provided by the County, and no previous experience is necessary. For more information, or to arrange pick-up of an application package, call 780-623-6774.