Complete the event submission form.
Special Council Meeting
- Date: 04/21/2020 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Council Chambers - McArthur Place
Click here to view the full agenda, complete with agenda attachments, briefings, and request for decision documents (when available).
1. CALL TO ORDER
Members of the Public/Media:
- To join this Meeting through audio, please use one of the following phone numbers: 1(587) 328-1099 OR 1(855) 703-8985 (toll free) and you will then be required to enter the following meeting identification code: 969 8507 5506. Then press the # key.
- To join this Meeting through webinar, click this link: https://zoom.us/join. Then enter the following meeting identification code: 969 8507 5506.
2. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
3.1 10:15 a.m. - Mr. David Imrie, Manager, Linear Property and Mr. Michael Minard, Acting Manager, Major Plant Assessment - Office of the Provincial Assessor - Overview of the Designated Industrial Property Assessment for the 2020 Tax Year
3.1.1 Disposition of Delegation Business
3.2 10:45 a.m. - Mr. Ray Crews, Municipal Assessor, Municipal Assessment Services Group Inc. - Overview of the Local Assessment Process and 2020 Assessment for Residential, Farm and Commercial Properties
3.2.1 Disposition of Delegation Business
3.3 1:00 p.m. - Mr. Jeff Alliston, CPA, CA, Metrix Group LLP, Chartered Professionals Accountants - Results of the Audit of the 2019 Financial Statements (Closed Session portion will be in accordance with s. 26 - Testing procedures, tests and audits - FOIP)
3.3.1 Disposition of Delegation Business
4. NEW BUSINESS
4.1 COVID-19 Update (Discussion)
4.2 New Municipal Assessor (Request for Decision)
4.3 2019 Annual Financial Statements and Auditor's Report (Request for Decision)
4.4 Lac La Biche County Assessment and Tax Revenue Overview for the 2020 Tax Year (Briefing)
4.5 COVID-19 Property Tax Implications (Briefing)
4.6 Tendering of Municipal Projects (Discussion)
4.7 Local Physician Resignations (Closed Session, if necessary, will be in accordance with s. 21 - Disclosure harmful to intergovernmental relations - FOIP) (Discussion)
5. CLOSED SESSION
5.1 County's Service Levels (s. 24 - Advice from officials - FOIP) (Discussion)
5.2 100 Avenue Project (s. 27 - Privileged information - FOIP) (Discussion)
5.3 Personnel Matters (s. 17 - Disclosure harmful to personal privacy - FOIP) (Discussion)
6. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF CLOSED SESSION