Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Some information on crime prevention and the Community Peace Officer Program

Post Date:02/16/2018 3:30 PM

Lac La Biche County Peace Officers would like to remind residents that the safety of our County is everyone’s responsibility. With recent thefts, break & enters and drug and substance abuse, officers are encouraging the public to be cautious and alert. If you see suspicious activity, contact the police immediately. 

Both the RCMP and Lac La Biche County are taking a stand to ensure that the community is a safer place. Currently, Lac La Biche RCMP officers are responding to complaints and conducting regular routine patrols in between calls. Lac La Biche County Peace Officers are also doing the same in patrolling the rural and hamlet areas. 

However, local residents are also key to reducing crime. Residents are advised to contact the RCMP via the complaint line at (780) 623-4380 if they see suspicious activity, or 911 if the situation threatens life or property. Residents that wish to report possible drug or gang activity can also contact the SCAN (Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods) unit via their complaint line at 1-866-960-7226.  You can find more information on SCAN’s website:

In 2017, Lac La Biche County Peace Officers responded to 1,025 complaints. Of these calls, 164 complaints were in relation to our animal control bylaw, 124 complaints related to unsightly properties, lawn mowing or snow removal, and 102 complaints were about intoxicated persons and persons causing disturbances. 

Officers also dealt with 222 traffic offences, including impaired drivers, and responded to 239 calls to assist emergency services. Community Peace Officers also provided 52 educational presentations at various events for youth and adults.  Lac La Biche County Enforcement Services can be contacted 24/7 by calling the complaint line at (780) 623-6767.

Earlier this month, 20 residents attended a Community Peace Officer Meet and Greet. Some common concerns included rural property crime, speed violations on Highway 881, snow removal on sidewalks, and traffic violations in the hamlets. Peace Officers will be using this information to address community concerns.

For questions or further information, please contact Chris Clark, Enforcement Services Supervisor, at (780) 623-6747.