Opportunity for Public Input: Open House and Survey available on County's new vision and strategic priorities
Introduction: What is the County's Vision?
Where do you see the County in six years? That's a question that County Council asked, leading them to develop their new vision on August 7:
- Lac La Biche County is proud to be a diverse, healthy and safe community. Our citizens are engaged and enjoy enhanced social and recreational amenities. We are economically resilient as we continue to invest in top-quality infrastructure and services. We are environmental stewards who promote our natural assets, making Lac La Biche County the destination choice of northern Alberta.
To help realize the new vision, four strategic goals have been identified. These are Council’s main areas of focus, with action items designed to move the County forward on each front. Council is seeking the public's feedback on strategic goals and actions that will help realize this new vision.
Opportunities for Public Input: Survey and Upcoming Open House
To learn more about the vision, strategic goals, and actions that Council has proposed, and to give your feedback, please take the public survey by clicking this link. The survey will remain open until Friday, October 12.
To help realize the vision outlined above, four strategic goals have been identified. These are Council’s main areas of focus, with action items designed to move the County forward on each front.
Strategic Goal #1: Economic Development
Our blueprint for resilient growth
We will focus our economic development efforts and continue to maintain and build organizations within our business community to create a resilient County that remains prosperous.
- Update Economic Development Strategy
- Complete Retail Gap Analysis
- Develop an Infrastructure Master Plan
Strategic Goal #2: Recreation
Strengthening our unique assets
We will continue to invest in our recreational amenities, cultural services, and support infrastructure to ensure our citizens and visitors have the opportunity to experience our multicultural and recreational diversity.
- Create and implement a Parks and Recreation Master Plan
- Plan and develop Bold Center lands as a sport and recreation destination
- Study the feasibility of creating public access to water front
- Plan and develop an aquatic centre
Strategic Goal #3: Social Wellness
Maintaining a high quality of life for our citizens
We will have safe communities and support the diverse needs of our citizens.
- Develop a Housing Strategy
- Develop a Crime Prevention Strategy
- Collaborate with Alberta Health Services and the Health Foundation to enhance services for the community
Strategic Goal #4: Tourism
Marketing our strengths
We will ensure that we focus our tourism and marketing efforts on what makes Lac La Biche County distinct to attract visitors who can enjoy all we have to offer.
- Develop and implement a Tourism Strategy
- Build and strengthen organizational capacity to support tourism initiatives
- Develop a Healthy Lakes Strategy