General Inquiries - T: (780) 623-3829
Facebook - @boldcenter
The Bold Center is a state-of-the-art multiplex in the hamlet of Lac La Biche that takes the best aspects of recreation and community centres across Alberta, and brings them together in one combined facility. With about 250,000 square feet of recreational space, the Bold Center is Lac La Biche County's big and bold way of encouraging an active and healthy community.
The Bold Center opened its doors in 2011 and now acts as the headquarters for the County's Recreation and Community Enhancement division. The facility sets the bar high as a recreational and social hub for the County, where everything from sports tournaments to business workshops can take place under one roof. We invite you to come and see what we mean when we say, "Life happens at the Bold Center."
Note: The Bold Center's own website has full details of the multiplex's amenities and programs, including membership information. Click here to visit the Bold Center's website. You can also read the current Lac La Biche County Community Activity Guide.
Location: 8702 91 Avenue, Lac La Biche, Alberta
Hours of Operation:
- Facility hours: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Administrative hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Bold Center continues to evolve, and the Stuart MacPherson Public Library and J. A. Williams High School are part of the multiplex. The County shares facilities and resources with these important community partners. The County and Northern Lights Public Schools have a Joint Use Agreement to balance the needs of local students and members of the public accessing the multiplex. The Bold Center is also home ice for the Portage College Voyageurs men's hockey team.
Read the Bold Center Strategic Plan, adopted in 2013, to find out more about the County's vision for the multiplex.
Bold Center programs are updated on a regular basis. We are pleased to offer adult sports leagues, drop-in activities, fitness classes, youth camps and courses and more. We are also proud to be a venue of choice for private, community and County-run events.
For information about our activities, programs and events, please visit the Bold Center's website or read the most recent Lac La Biche County Community Activity Guide.
The Bold Center is a one-stop shop for recreational, cultural and social opportunities. The County's premier destination for indoor recreation includes the following:
- Cenovus Child Mind Centre
- Supervised play area for children
- Enclosed outdoor playground
- Cenovus Field Houses
- Two full-size fieldhouses
- Fixed seating to accommodate 250 spectators
- Cenovus Fitness Centre
- 9,000 square feet of fitness-related space
- Boxing ring and training area
- Fitness testing and personal training
- Steam rooms
- Locker rentals and strollers available
- Canadian Natural Track
- Three 225-metre walking and running lanes
- Spin cycling and circuit training stations
- Devon Community Hall
- Accommodates up to 600 guests
- Kitchen, bar, coatroom and washrooms
- Multi-Purpose Studios and Meeting Spaces
- Two mirrored studio spaces
- Three multi-purpose meeting spaces
- NEC Contractors / CRC Open Camp Curling Rink
- Four sheets of ice
- Viewing area from lounge above
- Laser Tag (during the off-season)
- Performance Arena and Swamp Cats Community Arena
- Two NHL-size hockey rinks
- Seating to accommodate up to 1,000 spectators
- Media room with webcast capabilities
- Basketball courts
- Tennis courts
Local Sports Hall of Fame
Recognizing athletes and individuals who make significant contributions to local sports is important to Lac La Biche County. Inductees into the Local Sports Hall of Fame at the Bold Center are recognized with framed portraits and biographies. The deadline for nominations is October 1 annually, and up to 10 nominees will be inducted each year.