The County’s financial services staff manage tax assessment and collection, invoicing, accounts payable and receivable, and annual budgets.
- Assessment and tax notices are typically mailed out in May. You can appeal your property assessment if you think it is wrong but must submit an assessment appeal form within 60 days of when the tax notice was mailed. You have until June 30 to pay your property taxes. After that, interest charges will apply.
- The County offers an automatic withdrawal, monthly payment program for property owners who prefer to pay their taxes over the course of the year. You can apply for this program at any time. The Government of Alberta offers help to seniors in paying property taxes through a Seniors Property Tax Deferral Program.
- County Budget Summary 2015 2014 2013
- County Budget Details 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013
- Audited Financial Statements 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
Separate School District
If you reside within the Lakeland Catholic School District, you may choose whether your provincial taxes will be directed to public schools or Catholic schools, starting in the next fiscal year. Click here to view and download the necessary form for declaring school support. A map of the Lakeland Catholic School District area can be found on page 4 of the document.
Completed forms can be returned to the County Centre office (13422 Highway 881, Lac La Biche). Please call (780) 623-1747 if you have questions about this.